Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Packing and Cleaning and Cleaning and Packing . . .

Dale left this morning to head to Detroit to finish up some things at that job before we head to Colorado. I am left to finish up everything here. Luckily, with lots of my family nearby we have people who can check in and stay at our house while we are gone.

I've found myself trying to prioritize what needs done the most before we leave. This involves me standing in a room and looking around and around then walking to the next in a daze. Perhaps I need to make a list!

Since we had an idea about this happening for a week or so now we worked hard to get all of our laundry washed and most of the outside ready for winter. I am left with lots of picking up, dusting, vacuuming, and putting away.

I have started to pile clothes in one of the spare rooms to begin the packing process. How many shirts do you need to pack for 2 years? There are also the weather differences.  I'm a little nervous about harsh winters people always warn me about when they here "Denver." I find myself packing a lot of cold weather clothing. So maybe the better question is how many Columbia coats, sweat shirts, and pairs of boots do you need for at least 2 Colorado winters?

Meanwhile, Scoobie is upset that I threw away all of his half-chewed toys this morning in preparation for down-sizing for the trip. It may be a little pathetic that I must down-size the dog's stuff. Aunt Pam bought him lots of new toys to be packed with a few favorites. I couldn't imagine packing up for an actual child.

I'm off to check couch cushions for forgotten squeaky toys, find another pair of winter boots, and continue this never ending packing and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment