Friday, August 16, 2013

Only 2 days left!

Stressed out! This seems to be the overall emotion running through my home right now. We are finishing up everything and anything last minute around the house today while squeezing in seeing family. We are having lunch with my grandparents, Uncle Ed, and Aunt Pam before they head to Maryland tonight. I dread tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day the actual putting of clothes into the suitcase happens. I hate packing.

We are planning on having dinner with my family and Dale's family tomorrow evening as a final goodbye. I am full of mixed emotions. I'm excited and nervous and happy and sad all at the same time. It will be difficult to leave our families and friends, but the possibilities of so many exciting adventures make it a little easier to say goodbye.

We hope to be come home again for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll use that as a countdown on days of homesickness.

I'm off to finish up what seems to be the 100 projects we have left. Our travel plan is below:


Sunday 
7am depart from Karthaus
We plan to drive 8-10 hours the first day and find a hotel for the night somewhere in Illinois.

Monday
8 or 9 or maybe 10 am depart from said place in Illinois
We plan to drive another 8-10 hours and find a hotel near Omaha.

Tuesday
Get up when we feel like it.
Do it again until we reach Brighton.


No comments:

Post a Comment